Professor in Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management (W2)
As a joint appointment, the Faculty of Economics and Management at Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg and the Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH) – Member of the Leibniz Association seek to fill the position of a Professor in Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management (W2) in conjunction with a position as Deputy Head of the Department Laws, Regulations and Factor Markets at the IWH, starting at the earliest possible date.
The IWH is one of the seven economic research institutes of the Leibniz Association. The Institute’s research focuses on the analysis of long-term growth processes with special emphasis on the efficient allocation of labor and capital.
deadline: February 15, 2023
The successful candidate will act as the deputy head of the Department Laws, Regulations and Factor Markets (one of four existing research departments) at the IWH. She/He represents the department’s research and policy advice to the scientific community, decision makers in economic policy, and the public. She/He will actively contribute to the Faculty’s research cluster “Decision Design”. There is a reduced teaching load of two hours per week per semester (2 SWS). The candidate:
- fulfills the formal requirements according to § 35 of the Higher Education Act for the Federal State of Saxony-Anhalt (Hochschulgesetz Sachsen-Anhalt, HSG LSA),
- possesses a pronounced theoretical and empirical knowledge of the functioning of financial institutions and their role for the real sector, for example, concerning credit provision and shock absorbance after extreme events such as, e.g., natural disasters,
- has a distinguished, internationally outstanding publication record,
- pursues a research agenda with a strong empirical-quantitative focus, mostly based on self-collected data through the implementation of surveys or (field) experiments,
- possesses excellent proficiency in econometric methodologies including experimental and survey data and has demonstrated experience of teaching successfully at the Bachelor, Master, and PhD level,
- has a proven track-record in leading research groups and supervising PhD students, including experience in contributing to structured PhD programs,
- raised, or is actively engaged in raising, competitive third-party funding from learned societies, such as DFG (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft) or the European Research Council (ERC).
The appointment is to the Otto von Guericke University and will be followed by a leave of absence for pursuing research at the IWH.
The two appointment committees of the IWH and Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg will make their decision in consensus. Professor Reint E. Gropp, PhD, President of the IWH (Tel.: +49 345 7753 700), and Professor Dr Abdolkarim Sadrieh, Dean at the Faculty of Economics and Management (Tel.: +49 391 67-58492), are available for further information.
We welcome your application, regardless of gender, cultural and social background, age or sexual orientation. Applications from disabled persons will be given priority in the case of equal suitability, ability and professional expertise.
Otto von Guericke University and IWH strongly promote gender equality in all professional areas.
Please note the information for storage of personal data: https://www.ovgu.de/en/data_protection.htm.
Please submit your application (preferably via email), including CV, list of publications, documentation of previous teaching experience including evaluation reports, documentations of conference talks and acquired third-party funds, until February 15, 2023, to: deputyLRF@iwh-halle.de, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH), Executive Board, Kleine Märkerstraße 8, 06108 Halle (Saale), Germany.