Student assistant (f/m) for 20 hours a month
The Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH) – Member of the Leibniz Association is seeking to hire a student assistant (f/m) for 20 hours a month (starting as soon as possible) to support the Department of Structural Change and Productivity. The contract will initially be limited to six months, but an extension is possible.
Deadline: October 21, 2018
Successful students of economics or related fields (e.g. Business Administration, Business Informatics) will be given the opportunity to learn more about economic research in a leading economics institute and to help in ongoing research projects. We offer an excellent learning environment and flexible work arrangements.
Your tasks will include literature search, assistance in the preparation of scientific presentations, and preparation and analysis of microeconomic data.
Qualifications and requirements
- secure handling of MS-Office applications, especially MS-Excel
- careful handling of research data and interest in quantitative economics
- basic knowledge of microeconomics and econometrics
- basic experience in the application of statistics and econometrics software, particularly Stata
- ideally a Bachelor degree
- fluency in English (written and spoken)
Please submit the following documents in a single PDF file:
- motivation letter (max one page)
- curriculum vitae (short version)
- copy Abitur certificate
- copy Bachelor/Vordiplom (if available)
- copy of the university’s credits
- copy of matriculation certificate>
- copy of work and/or practical products (if available)
Please send your application including your resume and CV with evidence of all qualifications as well as a copy of your enrolment certificate in a single pdf file by October 21, 2018 to Katrin Renneberg, firstname.lastname@example.org, who will also answer your questions and provide any further information.