student assistant (f/m/x) for 40 hours a month
The Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH) – Member of the Leibniz Association seeks to hire a student assistant (f/m/x) for 40 hours a month to support the department of Financial Markets as of December 1, 2022. The position is a fixed-term contract until July 1st, 2023. We seek to extend the contract conditional on performance. The ideal candidate studies Computer Science with a keen interest in Business Informatics, Economics, or Business with a strong interest in computer science, respectively. We offer profound insights into applied research in an economic research institute and an international, research-driven environment.
Application deadline: October 23, 2022
The main task of the candidate is to maintain and develop the automated collection of internet-based data using Python.
Qualification and requirements
- coding and „web scraping“ experience using in particular Python
- experience in using statistical/econometric software to manage and process data
- very high diligence in dealing with large data sets
- solid handling of MS suites, especially MS-Excel
Please submit the following documents in a single PDF file:
- cover letter (max. one page)
- curriculum vitae
- copy of high school diploma
- copy of bachelor degree (if available)
- copy of course transcript of your university
- copy of student status from your university
- copy of internship and employment appraisals (if available)
and send your application by e-mail to Felix Noth (email@example.com), whom you can also contact in case of questions, until October 23, 2022.