Equal Opportunities at IWH
IWH commits to actively promoting equal opportunities for men and women, going beyond already existing guidelines. In 2013 and again in 2016 and 2019, the Halle Institute for Economic Research – Member of the Leibniz Association earned a Total E-Quality Award (TEQ).
In its decision, the jury acknowledged the diverse measures the institute has implemented to ensure the compatibility of work and family life and provide a fair and cooperative work environment.
The Halle Institute for Economic Research actively pursues gender equality policies to improve the career opportunities for women in science and increase in the proportion of women working in specialist and management positions.
- Sustained evaluation of the Frauenförderplan
- Participation in mentoring and career workshops for female scientists
- Directly addressing qualified women in job advertisements
- Gender equality policies based on the Guidelines for Equal Opportunity (in German) by the Leibniz Association and the Research-Oriented Standards on Gender Equality by the DFG
- "Total Equality" action plan (in German)
Protection against Discrimination, Workplace Bullying and Sexual Harassment
The Halle Institute for Economic Research advocates and insists on a fair and cooperative work environment. Our company agreement "Partnerschaftliches Verhalten" provides detailed information about complaint officers, persons of trust, complaint management and possible sanctions.
Your Contact Persons
Equal Opportunities Officer: Franziska Exß
Deputy: Dr. Katja Heinisch
Diversity Representative: Andrea Strauch
Equal Opportunities Team: Doreen Schettler
Person of Trust: Tobias Henning
Works Council: Matthias Brachert