Student assistant (f/m/x) for 40‒60 hours a month
The Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH) – Member of the Leibniz Association seeks to hire a student assistant (f/m/x) for 40‒60 hours a month to support the research group “Data Science in Financial Economics” in the Department of Financial Markets starting as soon as possible. The contract will initially be limited to six months. We seek to extend the contract conditional on performance. The ideal candidate studies Computer Science or Economics with a keen interest in Data Science. We are excited to offer an opportunity to gain deep insights into applied research at a premier economic research institute, set in a dynamic, international, and research-focused environment. Our institute offers local workspaces for student assistants, while also offering the flexibility for all tasks to be completed remotely.
The main task of the candidate is to support strategic data projects of the institute, as well as research projects of the 'Data Science in Financial Economics' research group, by automating data acquisition processes, processing financial data, and possibly assisting in empirical analysis.
Qualification and requirements
- very high diligence in dealing with large data sets
- coding experience; basic skills in Python are an advantage
- experience in web scraping is a plus
Required documents and application procedure
Please submit the following documents in a single PDF file:
- cover letter (max. one page)
- curriculum vitae
- copy of high school diploma
- copy of bachelor degree (if available)
- copy of course transcript of your university
- copy of student status from your university
- copy of internship and employment appraisals (if available)
and send your application by e-mail to Annette Graham (Annette.Graham@iwh-halle.de), whom you can also contact in case of questions.